Saturday 9 May 2015

Discoggs 17 - The one where I went to Spain


My adventures this week have taken me to Southern Spain for the SOS 4.8 festival. More specifically, to see my beloved National, but more on them later.
Here's a playlist of SOS artists, artists from a selection of other gigs and other tracks that have tickled my ears this week:




LISTEN ON SPOTIFY HERE


The Maccabees new single is fantastic - but not on Spotify. You can see it on YouTube here:


You can find all of the others across Spotify AND You Tube:

Spring King - City. As seen on blistering form at the Victoria in Dalston this week. Basically, I'll be following them around this Summer.

Metronomy - Reservoir. Bringing ample dancing opportunities to SOS 4.8.

Vaccines - Melody Calling. I'd stupidly written them off as 'not for me' before this single. I'm a chump sometimes.

Lori Meyers - Telescopio Hubble. Looks wise, Lori is like a skinnier, hipster version of Dave Grohl. He's obviously a bit of a national treasure in Spain, judging by the love from the huge crowd in Murcia.

The National - Sunshine On My Back. Surprise recent release from the boys. I was kinda hoping for new material to be debuted at the festival this week, but I'll just have to be patient. This will keep me going.

Sharon Van Etten - I Don't Want To Let You Down. I saw the magical Sharon again at Shepherd's Bush Empire. And Reader; I cried.

Gengahr - She's a Witch. As seen at last week. One of those occasions where the support band have the possibility to eclipse the headliner...

Temples - Mesmerise. Pulsing through their set in Spain.

Patti Smith Band - Because The Night. I've been reading her memoir, 'Just Kids' in anticipation of seeing her next month. What a wonderful woman.

Circa Waves - T-Shirt Weather. Indie pop complete with confetti cannon and 2,000 smiling kids at SBE last week.

HIGHS - Summer Dress. HIGHS are in London recording their new album with Luke Smith (who produced the last Foals album). They have talent by the truckload. Absolutely joyful.

Herb Alpert and Tijuana Brass - Spanish Flea. Ear worm.

No comments:

Post a Comment